Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Comfort for a friend

I see that you are hurting,
But I also see the beginnings of happiness
Tracing around your eyes
And the corners of your mouth.
I am so, so very sorry
That this happened.
I wish I could make it disappear for you,
But all the wishes in the world can't turn back time
And erase the memories.
I can give a little of myself to you though.
We can talk as long as you need to.
Or I can babble about other things
So that you can forget a while.
Or we can just sit in silence.
Contemplating.
In Job it says,
"So they sat down with him upon the ground
Seven days and seven nights.
And none spake a word
For they saw that his grief was great."
I will sit and grieve with you.
Because you are my friend.
And years from now
When time has washed away the shock
And it becomes a good thing
Those seeds of happiness around your eyes
Will be brilliant diamonds within them.

No comments: