Monday, May 5, 2008

Nightmare

I had the strangest dream last night,
It put me in a terrible fright.
'Bout a woman who worked in a packaging plant,
A lettuce grower was their largest client.
Cheerleaders helped the workers along
With a shout and a dance and a cheerful song
Bugs infested this woman's skin
Crawling through her, o'er her, around her, in.
Turning it shiny, broken and black,
Burnt bread crust, shimmering tarmac.
To show how much she drowned in despair
My dream-machine replaced her hair
With pepperoni and cheese pizza
Dotted with a glistening red spicy meatsauce.
Surrounded by her greasy halo
She tried to speak despite a mouthful
Of frigid, choking, peppermint tic-tacs
Until her rotting, scabbed face went lax
And as the evil 'sects jumped ship
Beneath the cheese her death mask slipped.

1 comment:

MLewis said...

I love this. It's called "nightmare" and it had me laughing and laughing. Mary