Sunday, September 28, 2008

Raising butterflies

I love you,
You are my mother.
Sometimes,
I wish we were less friends,
And you made me do things.
But then I think,
If I just go my whole life doin what other people tell me to do,
Sure, I'll do a lot of stuff,
But I won't ever learn how to make a decision on my own.
And I think that would be extremely crippling.
So thank you for not forcing me out of my chrysallis,
No matter how painful it is for you to watch me struggle.
Because someday,
When I'm soaring in that blue sky I'm yearning for,
I will look back and know that it was right.
I guess what I'm saying is,
I know you're worrying about me,
And that sometimes I'm frustrating.
Right now I'm bound by a fear of striking out on my own.
I know that when I get past that I'll be okay,
But until then,
I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment, it gives me a real boost when someone shows interest in the project! It came at the right time : ) Feel free to link to my blog, that would be great!