Monday, May 2, 2011

Every Day in May is BACK!!! (and a day late....sorry....)












Reflections on a favorite picture of a statue of an etruscan couple

The picture has hung on my wall
For half a decade, at least.
A husband and wife reclining
At some invisible ancient feast.
Her face is peaceful and happy,
Her hands are vivid and bright.
The husbands strong arms around her
Seem to proclaim to the world, "She's right!"
I'll never know what they're saying,
Or who she's explaining to,
But I can see love in their faces,
The kind I want for me and for you.
For half a decade this picture
Kept my aspirations high.
Now it hangs in our living room
And I think every time I walk by,
"You and I are alike Lady,
Both of cherished and blessed.
Encircled about be the arms
And the love of him who we love best!"

No comments: