Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pass on the Pain

Kids today got no respect
It's 'cause the parents all neglect
To whup them like they're supposed to do
I was whupped when I was young
I was told to mind my tongue
And it's what I intend to do to you
If you don't pass on the pain
Tell me, what will you gain?

His mother looks into his eyes
She knows that he's been telling lies
She wonders why he's scared to tell the truth
All while he is thinking back
To a vase he didn't mean to crack
And a pool of glue when he was just a youth
Tell me, what do you gain
When you pass along the pain?

She calls her Mama once a week
Just because it's nice to speak
She's strong, she's happy, this is very plain.
She's got a man who's good to her
In every single deed and word
She tells her parents thank you yet again.
I'll tell you what you gain
When you don't pass on the pain.
Don't pass on the pain.

No comments: