Friday, June 29, 2007

Myth

A thread of hope I spun for me,
A cotton candy fantasy
Of gentle lords and chivalry.
I spun it out of nothingness,
And unto nothingness it went,
Unbound my tears and set them free.

I harkened unto fairytales,
Of knights and kings and kindly whales,
Where good must win and evil fails.
I listened to the milk-sop lies,
And tried and tried and tried and tried
To find the hidden glory trails.

I walked into a darkened world
Where pirates left their flags unfurled
And cared not where the maelstroms whirled
For evil is untouchable
When sheltered in it's own black walls,
Breathing it's poison vapors curled.

I sought a shining noble Knight
To tilt for me and win the fight
Against the ever growing blight,
But fools rush in where angels don't.
I was very, very alone.
And very, very far from light.

I reached inside my dimming soul
And grabbed the last bright dying coal
I guided pirates on the shole.
As they wrecked on the cruel reef
I thought how very bittersweet
It was to so reverse my role.

I took a dinghy dingy red
And from my rocky island fled
To where the truth is done and said
I stayed until my heart was whole,
Not through others deeds but my own,
And only then was evil dead.

No comments: