Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm over there.

Fifteen miles from myself,
I see the me I was.
Do I want to go back that way,
Or forge on with my cause?
Do I even have a Cause?
I thought I did.
But now I'm not so sure.
I remember what my reason was...
And at the time it was pure.
I think that time has clouded me.
And now my diamond's glass.
And things I thought were good to be,
Are vulgar somehow, crass.
I'm turning now, and reaching back.
I'm cleaning off this grime.
I'm casting off this foolish road,
and turning back the time.
I travel back to purer me
Before I found the world.
I saw it, and I wanted it.
I loosed my sails, unfurled.
I saw not what winds would be.
I was driven forth and tossed.
Until I knew not where I was,
And Hopeless felt what I had lost.
I have set my sight on the rising sun,
And phoenix like, new born,
I rise from the ashes of my journey,
And face the dawning morn.

No comments: