Friday, May 22, 2009

Stuff

Okay, here's a couple of the unposted vacation poems!

Why do those fish keep startling me out of my reverie?

I'm casting my line, again and again.
And the lure skims fitfully
Through the glassy green water.
The fish are striking, again and again,
I'm too preoccupied to catch them.
It doesn't matter.
I am enjoying the company of my thoughts.

Psalm

Oh my father!
I am lost and confused.
The trial of my faith is upon me
And I do not know if I have strength to endure.
Oh Father!
Help me to trust in thy care!
Help me to lean not unto mine own understanding,
But upon thy perfect love.
I want to hope, oh how I long to hope.
I see thy love, I know thy love,
But I cannot see the light
In the darkness that seems my future.


A wet dog

What a look of indignation!
As he stands there, wet and thin.
Some minutes ago he waffled
At the long dock's watery brink
Until someone else precipitated
His dive into the fishy green drink.


And today's poem,

Living in my head.

I'm mostly here
But somewhat there
And a big bit inbetween
The here and now
Is not so nice
As the maybe someday of my dreams.

No comments: